elite Dance & Theatre presents...
THE SHOE ROOM
4,000 shoes of victims are on display at the American Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC. If the shoes could speak, what would they tell us about the people who owned them and the lives they led...
September 7th-16th, 2017
Times: Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7pm
North 4th Theatre, 4904 4th St NW
The Cast & elite Company
See bios when you click on each photo. For mobile devices, click on the picture then click on the small white dot at the bottom right corner of the picture!
- More Cast Members: Natalya Conde, Melee Hardy, Lindsay Hafenrichter, Jordan McMillan, Carissa Richey, Kariana Gonzales, Chloe Rickerman, Grace Salazar, Audrey Swanson, Lucy Swanson, Gabriel Zubiate
- Children: Kadynce Brett, Kylie Brett, Marissa Gonzales, Sam Hafenrichter, Melee Hardy, Theo Morrison, Ava Sowers, Ben Sowers, Eve Swansn, Lucy Swanson, Gabriel Zubiate
- Scene 1 Radio Broadcast (1933)
- Scene 2 The Boycott (1933)
- Scene 3 Burning (1933)
- Scene 4 Bans (1933)
- Scene 5 Grandmother Bonhoeffer (1934)
- Scene 6 Night of the Long Knives (1934)
- Scene 7 Nuremberg Laws (1935)
- Scene 8 Annexed (1938)
- Scene 9 Kristallnack, Night of the Broken Glass (1938)
- Scene 10 T-4 (1939)
- Scene 11 Deception (1940)
- Scene 1 Barracks (1940)
- Scene 2 Kindertransport (1940)
- Scene 3 The Ghetto - Terezin (1940)
- Scene 4 Operation 7 (1941)
- Scene 5 Pearl Harbor (1941)
- Scene 6 Einsatzgruppen (1941-1943)
- Scene 7 Operation Flash (1943)
- Scene 8 Chronicles of Shame (1943)
- Scene 9 The Letter (1945)
- Scene 10 The Shoes (1937-1945)
- Scene 11 The Shoe Room (present day)
- Story Adaptation and Direction by Cheri Costales
- Drama Direction by Cara Sowers and Cheri Costales
- Choreography by Alyssa Costales, Cheri Costales, Kira Akmajian, Ben Costales and Vanessa Trujillo, Esther Michnovicz
- Production Management by Stephanie Rickerman
- Backstage Management by Tina Mesa and Robyn Hardy
- Lighting Design by Ben Costales
- Sound by Matt Ramsey
- Costumes by Cheri Costales, Linda Downum, and Judy Brewster
- Dialect Coaching by Steve Corona
- Lobby and Reception by Lillian Garcia and Erin Morrison
- Box Office by Michelle Brett and Donna Bugos
- Ushers by Mary Alice and Frank Salazar
- Make Up by Tianna Garcia and Alyssa Costales
- Photography and Promotional Photos by Two Brunos Photography
- Videography by Nick Bennet and William Ernst
- Thank you to all of our volunteers backstage, in the house, in the lobby and for our receptions! We could not do what we do without you!
elite is proud to partner with the following awesome people!
From the Director
Thank you so very much for allowing us to tell you the story of The Shoe Room. This show is special. This cast is special. It's not every day that an artist wants to spend so much time and energy working on something of this depth and magnitude. Preparation can be overwhelming at times. We have shared many thoughts (and tears) through the months of working on the project. We have challenged each other not only as artists but as a company and more importantly, as people.
The Shoe Room is meant to be a memorial to people we know and do not know. To honor brave hearts and bold hands that did heroic acts of love in a very dark and horrible time in the history of humans.
Thank you for joining us and for being a part of our memorial.
Cheri has been writing scripts and directing shows for the elite Company for over fifteen years. Her writing mostly consists of derivative work, adapting stories to work for dance theatre (The Picture of Dorian Gray, A Christmas Carol, Dracula, Peter Pan, The Scarlet Letter, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast). Her most recent work has included original scripts, Days of the Dead (premiering this Christmas), The Shoe Room, and elite Kids Theatre Projects: The Problem With Fairies, Benny & the Supersquad, and How The West Was Really Won.